Join Our Team
Software Engineer - Mid/Senior Level
Aspyr Media is an Austin TX based developer and publisher of AAA games for PS4, Switch, Xbox One, PC, iOS, Android, Mac, and Linux.
We are looking for Software Engineers to expand the team tasked with the development of our AAA game portfolio.
We are typically looking for generalist capable engineers who are interested in working on a wide variety of challenges. Middleware, proprietary engines, and amazing games – we get to play with them all. We have mature technology to assist with this, but as per our roadmap there's also plenty of scope for new talent to shape it.
We offer the opportunity to work on amazing games while enjoying a work environment and stability that is far above the norm in the game industry.
- Currency in and an accumulation of actual hands-on game development experience in C++.
- Systems level development experience.
- A passion for quality.
- Generalist – you’ll have worked in at least a couple of different areas of AAA professional game development and have a mix of experience developing various subsystemsAbility to work with large and potentially unfamiliar codebases without running for the hills.
- Familiarity with as much middleware and third-party solutions (incl. open source) as possible.
- As mentioned above - we work with it all.
- Graphics knowledge, especially OpenGL/GLES, Direct3D, HLSL, GLSL, Metal or Vulkan.Console, PC, Mac, iOS or Android experience.
- Prior experience in other specialist areas (unique skills brought to the table are valued here).
Nice to have, but really not at all necessary:
- Unreal Engine 3, 4 or other very popular engine experience.
- Linux development experience.